Holiday Shopping & Winter Wines
The holiday season is officially here, the vines have released their leaves, and we can finally settle into the forthcoming winter routine. Wine buying, wine gifting, and relaxing with a glass of wine in the comfort of your own home is exactly what the season is calling for! Check below for our featured wines, latest releases, and opportunities to sip & shop next month.
As we move into Winter please take note of some changes with the tasting room hours:
- After Thanksgiving weekend, our Carlton Estate will be available by Appointment only
- The McMinnville tasting room will close at 6pm Sunday – Thursday, and 8pm Friday and Saturday, remaining open daily.
We hope to see you in the tasting room — or — under the heaters of our McMinnville patio! Cheers
December 6 | 6:30-8:30pm | McMinnville
Gather your team and come join us for a fun evening. Test your knowledge and enjoy a glass of wine.
- Trivia night is free, but we do require a $10 minimum purchase of wine or food.
Message us with any questions! Register your team today!
Murder by Midnight
A 1920s New Years Eve Murder Mystery Party
Limited Tickets available! | Dec 31st, 2023 | McMinnville
Join us for our 1920s Murder Mystery Party, ending with a streamed East Coast ball drop! Named Characters are currently sold out, but let us know if you want on the waitlist. Bystander tickets are still available.
Guests are encouraged to dress the part of a party goer in the 1920s era.
Included in your ticket:
- Complimentary glass of wine and a buffet of small bites to enjoy during the game play.
- (Additional glasses or bottles of wine are available for purchase during the event)
- A complimentary pour of bubbles for the ball drop
- New Year’s Eve party favors will be passed out following the game as we stream the countdown to the New Year with the East Coast!
- Space is limited
- Named characters: sold out
- Bystanders: limited remaining!
Cancellations made after 12/27/23 will not receive a credit, refund or event exchange
Holiday Cupcake Decorating
Thursday, December 23 | 6:30 PM | McMinnville
- Decorate and take home six gourmet cupcakes
- All decorating tools and such will be provided
- A glass of wine included in your class fee. Additional wine and snacks available for purchase
- Cost: $55 per person (15% off for club members)
Hillsboro Sip & Shop
Saturday, December 2nd | 3-7 PM
Find us at the Arcade Book Exchange
Join us at the 3rd Annual Sip & Shop, launching on the first Saturday in December! Experience the vibrancy of Historic Downtown Hillsboro during the holidays. We have your passport to retail therapy for over a dozen merchants to meet and greet up to 10 wineries and more perks of Downtown Hillsboro.
Charitable Giving Wine
Thank you to everyone who has helped us support our local charities through wine buying along the way this year!
Each month Chris James Cellars chooses a non-profit organization to support by spreading awareness all month long. We donate 20% of Bottle Sales & $1 from each glass pour of our featured wine.
November Charity: Pulmonary Hypertension Association
“PH is a rare disease and an umbrella term used to describe a group of complex, potentially fatal lung conditions; it’s characterized by high blood pressure in the vessels of the lungs and can lead to right heart failure. Symptoms can include shortness of breath, fatigue, and chest pain.”
Currently, there is no cure for PH.
Featured Wine: 2020 Pinot Noir (Eola Amity)
- Profile notes: Bright red fruit notes of cherry and raspberry with peppery notes on the finish.
- Available: At both tasting rooms and online
- Cost: $40/ per bottle
Wine buying through us will support donations to PHA support services, education programs, and research initiatives that give hope to those affected by PH.
How you can help:
- Visit the Tasting Rooms or purchase online all month long
- Purchase Bottles: 20% of the 2020 Pinot Noir, Eola-Amity Hills will be donated
- Glass Pours: $1 per glass pour will be donated
- Taste the Pinot before you buy on our wine flight all month long!
- Share our social media post to your social media, or directly with someone who has been affected by PH. HERE
* This wine will be on our weekly wine flights at the tasting rooms all month long, stop in to try before you buy!
In the News
Most Recent Awards
For the last several years our winery has been recognized as an award winning brand, from the best of local Willamette Valley, to multiple platinum medals, national hospitality programs and upper 90 point stamps through accredited publications such as Wine Enthusiast. As we continue to produce great wines, we thank you for your support! See our most recent accolades below.
12th Annual Sip Magazine Best of the Northwest
- Our 2022 Sauvignon Blanc placed Double Gold for SAUVIGNON BLANC
- and our 2018 Pinot Noir Reserve was the Judge’s Pick for PINOT NOIR
LUX life Magazine
- Best Family owned winery for 2023
Click below to read more about our recent accolades and direct links to our wines.
- WINE WEDNESDAY: Join us every Wednesday for a midweek treat at our McMinnville location! Enjoy a new wine flight as our menu switches over on Wednesdays, as well as drink specials (see below).
- B.Y.O.G (Bring your own games) – Every Friday! Round up your friends, or just stop by to enjoy the environment. Every Friday at our McMinnville location, from 5 – 8 pm we offer our space for an evening of games, wine, and light fare!
No reservation needed, our tables will be first come first served
Drink specials: $3 off Glass Pours, and 15% off bottles
Rhine Castles & Swiss Alps
July 14-21, 2025 | 7-night river cruise | AmaSerena
Join us as we once again set sail with AmaWaterways. In July 2025 Chris will be wine host for the “Rhine Castles & Swiss Alps” cruise! The cruise includes 7 nights on the river with an optional 2-night stay in Amsterdam beforehand, and optional 3-night stay in Lake Como, Italy afterward.
Please reach out to Nicole Zima (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information or to book your room.
CITIES & SIGHTS
Amsterdam -> Cologne -> Rhine Gorge -> Rüdesheim -> Ludwigshafen -> Heidelberg -> Speyer -> Strasbourg -> Lucerne -> Basel
YOUR JOURNEY ALONG THE RHINE RIVER
Discover fairytale castles and historic vineyards as part of this Rhine River cruise showcasing the wines of the Rheingau and beyond. Start by exploring the canal-laden city of Amsterdam. Then it’s off to Germany, where you’ll discover the grand city of Cologne and the winemaking hamlet of Rüdesheim. Enjoy cruising through the UNESCO designated Rhine Gorge, where 40 castles are strung like pearls along the river banks. Cross the border into France’s Alsace region in enchanting Strasbourg and take in spectacular panoramas of the Swiss Alps. This itinerary is truly a dream come true.
EXTRA INCLUDED FEATURES ONLY ON WINE CRUISES
• Special tours and tastings at local wineries and private cellars
• Learn about winemaking in renowned vineyards
• Onboard wine pairings with award-winning cuisine
• A wine host will lead tastings and discussions